Pope Francis has a packed schedule for his apostolic visit to Cuba and the U.S. September 19 to 27. Find all the details below.
Saturday, Sept. 19: Rome, Havana
• 10:15 a.m. (4:15 a.m. EDT): Departure from Rome’s Fiumicino airport for Havana.
• 4:05 p.m.: Arrival ceremony at Havana’s Jose Marti International Airport. Speech by pope.
Sunday, Sept. 20: Havana
• 9 a.m.: Mass in Havana’s Revolution Square. Homily by pope. Recitation of the Angelus.
• 4 p.m.: Courtesy visit with Cuba’s President Raul Castro in Havana’s Palace of the Revolution.
• 5:15 p.m.: Celebration of vespers with priests, religious and seminarians in Havana’s cathedral. Homily by pope.
• 6:30 p.m.: Greeting to young people at the Father Felix Varela cultural center in Havana. Remarks by pope.
Monday, Sept. 21: Havana, Holguin, Santiago de Cuba, El Cobre
• 8 a.m.: Departure by air for Holguin, Cuba.
• 9:20 a.m.: Arrival at Holguin’s Frank Pais International Airport.
• 10:30 a.m.: Mass in Holguin’s Revolution Square. Homily by pope.
• 3:45 p.m.: Blessing of the city of Holguin from Cross Hill (Loma de la Cruz).
• 4:40 p.m.: Departure by air for Santiago de Cuba.
• 5:30 p.m.: Arrival at Santiago de Cuba’s Antonio Maceo International Airport.
• 7 p.m.: Meeting with bishops at the seminary of St. Basil the Great in El Cobre.
• 7:45 p.m.: Prayer to Our Lady of Charity with bishops and the papal entourage in the Minor Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Charity of El Cobre.
Tuesday, Sept. 22: El Cobre, Santiago de Cuba, Washington
• 8 a.m.: Mass in the Minor Basilica of the Shrine of Our Lady of Charity of El Cobre. Homily by pope.
• 11 a.m.: Meeting with families in the Cathedral of Our Lady of Assumption in Santiago de Cuba. Speech by pope. Blessing of the city from the outside of the cathedral.
• 2:15 p.m.: Farewell ceremony at Santiago de Cuba’s International Airport.
• 12:30 p.m.: Departure for Washington.
• 4 p.m.: Arrival at Andrews Air Force Base. Official welcome.
Wednesday, Sept. 23: Washington, DC
• 9:15 a.m.: Welcoming ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House. Speech by pope, followed by a courtesy visit with Obama.
• 11 a.m.: Papal parade along the Ellipse and the National Mall.
• 11:30 a.m.: Midday prayer with U.S. bishops in the Cathedral of St. Matthew the Apostle. Speech by pope.
• 4:15 p.m.: Mass and canonization of Blessed Junipero Serra in the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Homily by pope.
Thursday, Sept. 24: Washington, DC, New York
• 9:20 a.m.: Visit to the U.S. Congress. Speech by pope.
• 11:15 a.m.: Visit to St. Patrick’s Catholic Church and meeting with homeless people. Greeting by pope.
• 4 p.m.: Departure by air to New York.
• 5 p.m.: Arrival at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport.
• 6:45 p.m.: Celebration of vespers with priests, men and women religious in St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Homily by pope.
Friday, Sept. 25: New York
• 8:30 a.m.: Visit the headquarters of the United Nations. Greeting and speech by pope.
• 11:30 a.m.: Interreligious meeting at the ground zero 9/11 Memorial. Speech by pope.
• 4 p.m.: Visit to Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Elementary School in East Harlem and meeting with children and immigrant families. Speech by pope.
• 5 p.m.: Procession through Central Park.
• 6 p.m.: Mass at Madison Square Garden. Homily by pope.
Saturday, Sept. 26: New York, Philadelphia
• 8:40 a.m.: Departure by air to Philadelphia.
• 9:30 a.m.: Arrival at Philadelphia’s International Airport.
• 10:30 a.m.: Mass with Pennsylvania’s bishops, priests, men and women religious at Philadelphia’s Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul. Homily by pope.
• 4:45 p.m.: Meeting for religious liberty with the Hispanic community and immigrants at Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. Speech by pope.
• 7:30 p.m.: Festival of Families and prayer vigil at Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Speech by pope.
Sunday, Sept. 27: Philadelphia
• 9:15 a.m.: Meeting with bishops taking part in the World Meeting of Families at the St. Charles Borromeo Seminary. Speech by pope.
• 11 a.m.: Visit with prisoners at the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility. Speech by pope.
• 4 p.m.: Closing Mass of the VIII World Meeting of Families at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Homily by pope.
• 7 p.m.: Greeting to the organizing committee, volunteers and donors at Philadelphia’s International Airport. Speech by pope.
• 7:45 p.m.: Farewell ceremony.
• 8 p.m.: Departure for Rome.
Monday, Sept. 28: Rome
• 10 a.m. (4:45 a.m. EDT): Arrival at Rome’s Ciampino airport.