Submitted by the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
Some of the most spectacular art at the upcoming Syracuse Arts and Crafts Festival will be under the new slate roof of the recently restored Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Columbus Circle.
The Cathedral has expanded its hours for the festival, to be held Friday, July 27, though Sunday, July 29, and incorporated a number of tours for those who want a closer look. The Cathedral was open for a sneak peek during last year’s massive restoration project and attendees this year will see the final product.
In addition to the normal Cathedral Mass schedule, the weekend will feature five separate tours:
Friday, July 27
• Cathedral open: 7:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m.
• Mass: 12:10 p.m.
• Guided tour of the Cathedral: 10 a.m.
• Guided tour of the Cathedral: 2 p.m.
Saturday, July 28
• Cathedral open: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., 4:15-6:30 p.m.
• Guided tour of the Cathedral: 11 a.m.
• Cathedral closed for wedding: 12 – 4 p.m.
• Mass: 5:10 p.m.
Sunday, July 29
• Cathedral open: 7 a.m.- after 5:10 p.m. Mass (baptism being celebrated at 11 a.m.)
• Masses: 7:30 a.m., 9:45 a.m., and 5:10 p.m.
• Guided tours of the Cathedral: 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
More information is available at cathedralsyracuse.org.