About the Catholic Sun
The Catholic Sun is the official newspaper of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, covering the seven counties of the diocese — Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Madison, Broome, Cortland and Chenango — and reaching approximately 18,000 readers.
The Sun offers competitive advertising rates and special rates for nonprofits and frequent advertisers. Advertising space is available in both the print edition of the newspaper and on www.thecatholicsun.com.
Browse the FAQs on this page, click here to download our media kit, or contact our Business Advertising Coordinator Mark Klenz at (315) 579-0001 or email@example.com for more information!
Answers to a few frequently asked questions
• The Catholic Sun offers complimentary design services.
• Camera-ready ads must be submitted electronically in PDF, TIFF or EPS format. All fonts and images should be included. Resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi.
• All ads or ad copy must be received by noon eight days before the publication date.
• The Catholic Sun does not accept political candidates’ advertisements of any variety, regardless of how the ad relates to church teaching.
• Management maintains the right to edit or reject advertising copy.
About the Catholic Sun’s readers
• 98% own their own home
• 67.5% have subscribed to the Catholic Sun for more than 6 years
• 67% dine out weekly
• 60% stay in hotels when away from home
• 53% are college educated
• 53% travel by air
• 42% attend live theatre
• 41% have $31,000+ incomes
• Own 2.01 cars per household