About the Catholic Sun
The Catholic Sun is the official newspaper of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse, covering the seven counties of the diocese — Onondaga, Oneida, Oswego, Madison, Broome, Cortland and Chenango — and reaching approximately 18,000 readers.
The Sun offers competitive advertising rates and special rates for nonprofits and frequent advertisers. Advertising space is available in both the print edition of the newspaper and on www.thecatholicsun.com.
Answers to a few frequently asked questions
- The Catholic Sun offers complimentary design services.
- Camera-ready ads must be submitted electronically in PDF, TIFF or EPS format. All fonts and images should be included. The resolution should be a minimum of 300 dpi.
- All ads or ad copy must be received by noon eight days before the publication date.
- The Catholic Sun does not accept political candidates’ advertisements of any variety, regardless of how the ad relates to church teaching.
- Management maintains the right to edit or reject advertising copy.
About the Catholic Sun’s readers
own their own home
have subscribed to the Catholic Sun for more than 6 years
dine out weekly
stay in hotels when away from home
are college educated
travel by air
attend live theatre