Bishop Douglas J. Lucia will expand his Administrative Council to include three new seats, he announced Aug. 10.
The council, which advises and assists the bishop, will include Sister Laura Bufano, CSJ, Vicar for Pastoral Leadership; Sister Katie Eiffe, CSJ, Vicar for Religious & Director of Synodal Planning; and Father John Donovan, Vicar for Canonical Services & Adjutant Judicial Vicar, beginning Sept. 1.
They will join several other clergy, religious, and lay members already serving as the bishop’s collaborators in episcopal ministry and “delegates concerning various facets of diocesan life,” Bishop Lucia explained in his letter announcing the appointments. (Visit thecatholicsun.com to read the letter in full.)
The members of the new Administrative Council are:
• Bishop Douglas J. Lucia, Bishop of Syracuse
• Father John Kurgan, Vicar General
• Danielle Cummings, Chancellor and Director of Communications
• Father John Manno, Vicar for Clergy
• Msgr. James Lang, Vicar for Parishes & Pastoral Planning
• Sister Laura Bufano, CSJ, Vicar for Pastoral Leadership
• Sister Katie Eiffe, CSJ, Vicar for Religious & Director of Synodal Planning
• Father John Donovan, Vicar for Canonical Services & Adjutant Judicial Vicar
The bishop’s delegates to specific areas are:
• Stephen Breen, Chief Financial Officer
• William Crist, Superintendent of Catholic Schools
• Msgr. Timothy Elmer, Judicial Vicar