Bishop Douglas J. Lucia announced the following appointments, effective July 1 except where noted:
• Father Kenneth Kirkman has been appointed pastor of the linked parishes of St. Anthony of Padua Church in Endicott and St. Joseph Church in Endicott.
• Father Sean O’Brien has been appointed pastor of St. Mary-St. Peter Church in Rome.
• Father James Schultz has been appointed pastor of the linked parishes Christ Our Light in Pulaski and St. Anne, Mother of Mary in Mexico. Father Schultz was also appointed parochial administrator of the personal parish and oratory of St. Mary’s in Oswego, effective May 1, 2020.
• Father Christopher Seibt has been appointed pastor of Divine Mercy Church in Central Square. He will continue to be responsible for the pastoral care of the mission of St. Bernadette in Constantia and the oratory of St. Mary of the Assumption in Cleveland.
All of the above appointments reflect a change from serving as administrator to now pastor.
• Kathy Poupart has been appointed Parish Life Director* at St. Patrick-St. Anthony Parish in Chadwicks. Father Arthur Krawczenko is the pastor.
*A Parish Life Director (PLD) is professionally qualified, spiritually, academically and by experience, to serve as a minister. A PLD may be a deacon, religious, or lay person and is appointed by the diocesan bishop in accordance with Canon 517.2 to lead and officially administer a parish. The PLD is responsible for the growth and development of a particular parish (single parish, linked parish or parish cluster) in response to the mandate of the bishop and the call of the community. The PLD serves in conjunction and collaboration with assisting priests, a pastoral staff and a canonically appointed pastor, usually the regional vicar.