See you back here tomorrow for the day’s headlines. In the meantime, visit www.thecatholicsun.com throughout the day for the latest local, national, and international Catholic news, and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Here’s a look at some of the stories making headlines today:
• A Senate bill to withhold funding from Planned Parenthood failed to pass last night.
• From Crux: Milwaukee archdiocese reaches $21 million settlement with victims of clergy sexual abuse
• The U.S. ambassador to the Holy See believes Pope Francis is not traveling to the United States in September to scold anyone, but to challenge the country’s people to live up to their ideals.
• From our friends at CatholicPhilly.com: Knights of Columbus seek more aid for Middle East’s Christians
• And finally, a moment of peace to end your day (We all need one, right?): Take a look at that photo up top. I shot it at Green Lakes State Park last night after I was stopped dead in my tracks by the crazy beauty of God’s creation. Offered up a prayer of thanks on the spot.
We’re partnering with the Diocese of Syracuse to collect and share readers’ favorite #PlacesToPray this summer, so go ahead and show us yours. Use the hashtag #PlacesToPray on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, and don’t forget to tag @SyrCatholicSun and @DioceseOfSyracuse. Don’t use social media? Send your photo and details to email@example.com.