Here’s a look at some of the stories making headlines today:
• Catholic peace activist Jerry Berrigan was remembered and celebrated at his funeral Mass in Syracuse.
• Cardinal Seán O’Malley, OFM Cap., archbishop of Boston and chairman of the Committee on Pro-Life Activities of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, responded to recent videos showing leaders from Planned Parenthood discussing the provision of fetal organs, tissues and body parts from their abortion clinics.
• The House has voted to limit the number of people allowed in the chamber for Pope Francis’ address to Congress Sept. 24.
• Seven presidential candidates have responded to a call from anti-poverty advocates by submitting brief videos outlining their plans to address poverty.
• Opinion: Over at America, Father James Martin, SJ, mourns the death of Cecil the Lion and wonders “if we feel the same revulsion over deaths that do not receive as much coverage.”