The Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse will once again observe National Vocation Awareness Week November 4-10, 2018. The annual observance is an opportunity for parishes to foster a culture of vocations for the priesthood, diaconate, and religious life. This year’s theme is “Inform. Inspire. Invite.”
The vocation promotion team will be issuing a daily vocations challenge throughout the week:
• Sunday, Nov. 4: Inspire: Visit the newly redesigned vocation promotion website at vocations-syracuse.org and watch a #MyVocationStory testimonial featuring each member of the vocation promotion team. (Consider sharing the testimonial that spoke to you on social media using the hashtag #MyVocationStory!)
• Monday, Nov. 5: Invite: Pray the rosary for a young person in the Diocese of Syracuse discerning a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. Please also pray for the young men in attendance at that evening’s Saint Andrew Dinner at St. James, Johnson City.
• Tuesday, Nov. 6: Inspire: Visit the Blessed Sacrament.
• Wednesday, Nov. 7: Inform: Pray for the 12 diocesan seminarians by name.
• Thursday, Nov. 8: Inform: Learn more about identifying a possible candidate for the priesthood by watching a video featuring Father John Manno, Director of Seminarian Formation, at vocations-syracuse.org.
• Friday Nov. 9: Invite: Do you know a young person who is a great leader and “servant to all?” Ask them to consider a vocation to the priesthood or religious life!
• Saturday, Nov. 10: Inspire: Explore resources available to young women discerning religious life by visiting vocations-syracuse.org.
To participate, visit Instagram.com/vocationssyracuse or Facebook.com/vocationssyracuse. During this special Year of the Family, faithful are also encouraged to read “Top Ten Things to Do to Promote Vocations” for suggestions for fostering a culture of vocations in your parish and within your domestic church.