On Saturday, Pope Francis arrived at Philadelphia’s International Airport, then celebrated Mass with Pennsylvania’s bishops, priests, men and women religious at Philadelphia’s Cathedral Basilica of Sts. Peter and Paul. He spoke at a meeting for religious liberty with the Hispanic community and immigrants at Philadelphia’s Independence Mall. Pope Francis closed his evening at the Festival of Families with off-the-cuff remarks and a prayer vigil at Philadelphia’s Benjamin Franklin Parkway.
Here’s Pope Francis’ schedule for Sunday, his last full day in the U.S.
• 9:15 a.m.: Meeting with bishops taking part in the World Meeting of Families at the St. Charles Borromeo Seminary. Speech by pope.
• 11 a.m.: Visit with prisoners at the Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility. Speech by pope.
• 4 p.m.: Closing Mass of the VIII World Meeting of Families at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Homily by pope.
• 7 p.m.: Greeting to the organizing committee, volunteers and donors at Philadelphia’s International Airport. Speech by pope.
• 7:45 p.m.: Farewell ceremony.
• 8 p.m.: Departure for Rome.