• The dignity of all people was affirmed at a Mass to promote harmony at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.
• Bishop Ludden High School graduate Dominick Corbacio, an operatic tenor, drew praise for his performance in the Cazenovia Counterpoint Festival.
• German-born Heida Buda, longtime Director of Faith Formation for Holy Trinity Parish in Fulton, became a U.S. citizen.
• St. Theresa’s Church in New Berlin celebrated its 60th year.
• A group of 45 pilgrims joined Bishop Robert J. Cunningham for World Youth Day in Poland. The pilgrimage was led by the diocesan Office of Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• The Syracuse-based A Tiny Home for Good, Inc., dedicated its first home.
• Emmaus Ministry held its walk and run in service to the poor and the homeless.
• Nine Jesuit novices professed their first vows at a Mass at Holy Cross Church in DeWitt.
• The Chargers defeated the Padres in the diocese’s annual vocations softball game. The event is a way to raise awareness of vocations.
• Bishop Ludden Junior-Senior High School art teacher Rhonda Bertollini-Henderson created a mural of five saints in Marian Hall at St. Patrick’s Church in Jordan. Father John R. DeLorenzo, the pastor, blessed the mural at a ceremony.
• The Brady Faith Center got its Brady Faith Farm in high gear in the Valley area of Syracuse.
• Bishop Robert J. Cunningham celebrated Mass at Holy Cross Church in DeWitt for Catholic school administrators, faculty, and staff to mark the beginning of the school year. The diocese welcomed four new principals, and Rome Catholic School opened in a new location.
• Michael Huynh was named the Associate Director of Campus Ministry for the Diocese of Syracuse.
• Mother Teresa was canonized in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican.
• Father Clarence F. Rumble praised the World Champion Maine-Endwell Little League team at a Mass at the Church of the Holy Family. The champs also visited Mercy House in Endicott.
• The new Leadership team of the Sisters of St. Francis of the Neumann Communities was installed during a Liturgy at Holy Cross Church in DeWitt.
• The 104th annual Pilgrimage and Feast of Sts. Cosmas and Damian was observed in Utica.
• Holy Cross School in DeWitt rolled out its new library/media center.
• Father Michael A. Saporito, a visitor from New Jersey, energized “Discovering Christ” sessions at Our Lady of Peace Church in Lakeland.
• The INSPIRE: Called to Love Vocations Summit was held in Lake Placid.